Well, you've got good reason!! Germs are all around us!! We now know how germs survive, how they multiply, and how they infect the body's natural functions. Guess what?? Most people wait to go on the defense when they get sick, but what if we actually went on the offense?
We don't have to walk around wiping every surface before we touch it.
We don't have to be weird?
We don't have to change a whole lot of our lifestyle. But a few tweeks here and there, and you can set your immune system up for success.
And you don't have to deal with getting sick.
Our friends over at Hi-Health have a few suggestions on how to help:
- Vitamin C tops the list of immune boosters for many reasons. There has been more research about the immune-boosting effects of Vitamin C than perhaps any other nutrient. Vitamin C supplements are inexpensive to produce, and it's available naturally in many fruits and vegetables.
- Omega-3 fatty acids. The omega 3 fatty acids in flax oil and fatty fish (such as salmon, tuna, and mackerel) act as immune boosters by increasing the activity of phagocytes, the white blood cells that eat up bacteria.
- Eating green veggies improve immune defenses!
Do you have a picky eater at home that doesn’t like to eat a
variety of greens? Looking for a good tasting multiple for your child? Hi-Health has a delicious fruit and
vegetable based multi that contains all the nutrients your growing child
needs. Lil' Wizards® Multi-Plus For Kids™ (60 wafers) or UltraPlan Multi-Vitamin for Teens,
a high potency multi for the active lifestyle of teenagers can be found at
www.hihealth.com. These chewable tablets with a fruit
and veggie blend, essential amino acid complex and probiotics are in a
delicious Outrageous Berry flavor.
- Reduce the amount of sugar in the diet; cookies, sugary soft drinks, and other sugary foods. These foods have been found to lower the number of white blood cells leaving the body susceptible to illness.
- Probiotic versus placebo? Probiotics, often called “healthy bugs,” may give the body the boost it needs to fight off infection—good news for cold and flu season. A Cochrane Review found that probiotics may even help fight off that unwanted cold.(Cochrane Database of Syst Rev 2011, Issue 9. Art. No.: CD006895.) Probiotics are found in a variety of fermented foods, for example, yogurt and kefir. Look on www.hihealth.com for Lil’Wizards Probiotics for Kids in a chewable berry flavor!
Remember, anything you order from the Hi-Health website, enter in the Promo Code "KIVU" and you'll get 10% off their already low prices.
If you haven't been over to get your own personal health care evaluation, you should click on www.hihealth.com and visit the largest supplement player in the west.